Thank you for your interest in BAKOVA GALLERY. This package contains helpful information about our gallery and the steps to take to ensure a wonderful experience.
We are conveniently located in the Historic Downtown Hillsborough, North Carolina on the corner of Churton st. & King st.
Our two story historic building offers a unique artistic space that is adaptable to the specific needs of your event. The beautiful oversized windows overlook the center of the downtown. From corporate cocktail gatherings to birthdays, luncheons to wedding receptions, BAKOVA GALLERY is the perfect setting for your special event.
For more information regarding the gallery, rental, and reservations, please contact us at (984) 217 0065 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Anna Shcherbakova | Owner / Director
100 S. Churton St. Hillsborough, NC 27510
$350 for the first three hours. Three hours is the minimum time available to rent. $100 per hour for every hour beyond the first three hours.
The bar is available for an additional $30 per hour. That fee includes the bar staff chosen by the gallery. Drinks are sold separately.
This fee provides the use of the gallery space, as well as the use of the gallery’s furniture and sound system.
Our full bar is built into the gallery and as stated above is available to rent. We can serve wine, beer, and liquor. This option is an affordable alternative to hiring a mobile bar or a catering service.
BAKOVA GALLERY is a retail art gallery. The gallery is available for rentals 7 days a week throughout the year. To check for availability, please contact BAKOVA GALLERY at (984) 217 0065 or events@Bakovagallery.com. The date(s) requested for rental is reserved upon receipt of a deposit and signed contract. BAKOVA GALLERY is only responsible for the rental of its public space and does not provide event planning services.
BAKOVA GALLERY provides the use of its furniture during events. The furniture consists of -
One 8ft bar with four bar stools
Two 23” round tables with four bar stools (all counter height)
The gallery also has 2 large trash cans, 3 small trash cans.
Toilette paper and paper towels are also provided.
Additional furniture and supplies needed for the event should be brought in by the renter or approved vendor.
This includes trash bags for any of our trash cans used.
Linens are required for all the tables used during the event.
The gallery is two stories totaling approximately 1,500 square feet of space.
Upstairs - 595 SqFt
Downstairs - 825 SqFt
Depending on seating requirements, catering needs, and audio/visual needs, and any other special event requirements, the capacity may vary.
To check on availability and reserve a date, please contact BAKOVA GALLERY at (984) 217 0065 or e-mail events@Bakovagallery.com.
First right of refusal will be granted to all reservations.
DEPOSIT 50% of the rental fee is due at the time of the reservation with a signed copy of the rental agreement. This fee is required to secure the date of the event and is non-refundable. The remaining balance of the rental fee is due 10 business days prior to the event date. Credit card information is required to be kept on file and will only be used for any damage, excessive cleaning, or staff overtime caused by clients, guests, or vendors.
Liability insurance is required for liability resulting from damage to the gallery property occurring in, on, or around the facility during the event. Certificate of insurance and the remaining balance of the rental fee is due 10 business days prior to the event.
The renter should distinguish between party ending time and house closing time.
- Party ending time means the time the clean-up begins, the band stops playing, and the bar(s) closes.
- House closing time is the time when all persons are out of the building. The renter should establish a time for both party ending time and house closing time before the date of their event.
BAKOVA GALLERY has street parking and there is a parking lot across the street from the gallery.
Cleaning of BAKOVA GALLERY is crucial once the event is over. BAKOVA GALLERY has a preferred cleaning service. They are hired to clean the gallery, its floors, and counter tops. They are not hired to clean up after an event, pick up trash or any other items left from your event. Once the event is finished, all items from vendors, caterers, etc. must be removed from the space. The gallery must be left in the condition that it was found. This included all the public outdoor space and common areas in and around the gallery. The cleaning service will only begin cleaning once the gallery is empty and all items from the event and or trash has been taken out of the gallery. Renters should ensure that the cleanliness of the gallery is maintained throughout your event (see Vendor Rules).
FACILITY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No sign, picture, advertisement or notice shall be installed, affixed, inscribed, painted or otherwise displayed by licensee on any part of the gallery.
- Licensee agrees to leave the facility in a condition acceptable for normal gallery operation next morning.
- No part of said Facility shall be used for gambling, immoral or other unlawful purposes.
- No birds or animals of any kind shall be brought into the Facility (other than trained assist dogs required to be used by the visually impaired). No bicycles, motorcycles, or other motorized vehicles shall be brought into the Facility unless approved by BAKOVA GALLERY.
- Toilets and sinks shall not be used for any purpose other than those for which they are constructed, and no sweeping, rubbish or other obstructing or improper substances shall be thrown therein. Do not pour anything down the sinks.
- Other than ordinary substances used for heating food (for example, sterno containers for chafing dishes), Licensee shall not cause or permit any gasses, liquids or odors to be produced upon or permeate from the License Area, and no flammable, combustible or explosive fluid, chemical or substance shall be brought into the building.
- BAKOVA GALLERY shall not be liable for excluding any person from the Facility or for admission of any person to the Facility at any time, or for damage or loss from theft resulting there from any person, including Licensee.
- All deliveries must be scheduled with an employee of BAKOVA GALLERY.
- The client is responsible for any damage resulting from their guests and vendors on, in, or around the gallery.
- All electrical cords and equipment cables must be installed so as not to present a hazard for guests.
- No confetti, glitter, rice, birdseed, flower petals, sparklers, or smoke machines are allowed inside the Facility.
- Candles must be globed with hurricanes or votives. No open flamed are allowed
- Smoking is not allowed in the facility.
- Any publicity in the written or broadcast media must be approved by BAKOVA GALLERY. BAKOVA GALLERY reserves the right to request a sample of any invitation or announcement for an event.
- There can be absolutely nothing hung, nailed, or taped to the walls at BAKOVA GALLERY without permission of gallery.
- Loud music is not permitted at BAKOVA GALLERY. Instruments using electrical amplifiers must keep amplitude down. Management may instruct band to lower volume or shut down if not able to comply.
- In the event of any damages occurring to any artwork or to the physical condition of any and all public spaces within or around BAKOVA GALLERY itself, the rentee will be held solely responsible and will be billed accordingly. This includes, but is not limited to scratches, nicks, breaks, or marks of any kind.
- Beer kegs are not permitted.
- All trash left over from the event, any and all items brought to the gallery must be removed immediately following the event from vendors, caterers, rental equipment, etc. If any items are left in the gallery, client will be charged extra fees.
- BAKOVA GALLERY must approve vendors contracted prior to the event.
- BAKOVA GALLERY’s rental agreement superseded any contract or agreement a client may arrange with other vendors.
- Choices of caterer, rental companies, entertainment and other vendors are all subject to the approval of BAKOVA GALLERY. All companies must carry proof of insurance, applicable health certificates and local business licenses.
- BAKOVA GALLERY must be advised of any deliveries planned prior to the set up time.
- All vendors must remove their equipment, props, rental items etc immediately following the event.
- BAKOVA GALLERY is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen equipment or objects left in the gallery.
- Caterers must bring all supplies needed for their duties.
- Caterers are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the areas used to prep food and all food services, all the public spaces of the gallery, including restrooms during the event.
- Caterers must collect all glasses, dishes, trash, etc. during the event to avoid unsightly pileup. Rental items such as dishes, glasses, silverware, etc. are to be rinsed by the caterer and neatly placed. Non-returnable items such as paper items should be discarded in trash cans.
- Caterers are responsible for all cleaning of food prep areas and all public spaces in the gallery including the restroom after the event. This includes the sinks, trash, gallery floor and especially the sweeping of the main gallery floors including mopping (Floors are wooded and must be cleaned using floor cleaning supplies supplied by the gallery.)
- All garbage bags are to be sealed before the caterer takes them to the dumpster. There will be absolutely no dumping on the grounds.
- There is to be absolutely no food or bulk items emptied into the sinks as they clog easily.
- All empty bottles are to be disposed of in the boxes they came in and carried to the dumpster. Bottles are not to be thrown in the garbage cans. Ice buckets with wraps and corks should be filtered into the trash.
- Caterers are to provide all the necessary tools such as trash bags, can openers, foils, pots, towels, dish detergent, knives, and other supplies necessary to carry out their duties.
- Caterers are not to bring alcoholic beverages. All alcohol is supplied through Bakova Gallery and serviced at the gallery bar only.
CASH BAR RULES
- Cash bar bartender is hired by Bakova Gallery. If you have a bartender that you would like to use for the event, they will need to be approved by Bakova Gallery beforehand.
- Alcohol can only be provided through the bar located inside Bakova Gallery. No outside alcoholic beverages are allowed.